Monday, January 2, 2017

He was assaulted and called un-American at a Trump rally. Can he forgive the man who did it?

Amazing story! Both men live in trailers -- one white and one black. The white guy, Mr. McGraw, lives on Social Security and makes leather belts to supplement his income. Mr. McGraw, I'm afraid you are not going to prosper under a Republican administration.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/he-was-assaulted-and-called-un-american-at-a-trump-rally-can-he-forgive-the-man-who-did-it/2016/12/31/ba91e876-c88a-11e6-bf4b-2c064d32a4bf_story.html?utm_term=.1ec67ba78268&wpisrc=nl_wemost&wpmm=1

From the site:

The judge asked McGraw whether he wanted to say something, too. “I’m extremely sorry this happened,” McGraw said, and when the judge told him to explain it to Jones, not him, he turned to Jones and took a step toward him. It was the closest they’d been to each other since the rally.

“This was between two men. You know what you did. And I know what I did. I’m not going to say you were wrong or I was wrong,” McGraw said. “You and I both know what occurred, and I hate it worse than anything else in the world.” He stepped closer to Jones and raised a finger. “We got caught up in a political mess today,” he said. His jaw began to tremble. “And you and me, we got to heal our country.”

“All right, man,” Jones said after a moment. He reached out to pat McGraw on the shoulder, and he seemed surprised by the contact. He put out his hand. Jones grasped it, and, as a few claps in the audience grew into an applause, the two men embraced.

No comments:

Post a Comment